Charanga Musical School is the award-winning digital resource to help teach the new primary music curriculum across the whole school in a way that is modern, progressive and fun.
A complete new music scheme for the new curriculum
- Suitable for Generalist and Specialist Teachers.
- High quality and cost-effective with excellent use of ICT.
- Reinforces continuous genuine music-making.
Find out more information about Charanga on their website.
Charanga for Primary, PRU, Special and Secondary
Follow the links below to discover Charanga's modern, exciting, digital suite of resources that can be used in your school.
To find out how you can buy a licence, please go to the Charanga website.
Primary teachers and young people aged 7-12
Charanga Music World is for pupils at beginner to pre-grade 1 level. Using this resource they can enjoy:
- interactive pieces;
- activities and quizzes;
- videos and cartoons;
- other resources to support their musical development.
You can read more about Music World from Charanga.
Secondary teachers and young people aged 12-18
VIP Studio Sessions
Create, produce and release your own music - ideal for KS3, BTEC and GCSE music.
- Make beats in Hip Hop, House and Dubstep styles.
- Write lyrics and songs.
- Record and mix your music to produce a great end result.
- Release and promote your music - get to know the music business.
You can find out more on Charanga VIP Studio Sessions.
Online Recording Studio
An online studio with recording, effects, virtual instruments, and hundreds of free loops and sounds.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
SEND in Musical School
Supporting teachers working with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
At present it consists of a Scheme of ready-made lessons called ‘Anyone Can Play’ AND a Freestyle library section that brings together the most popular Charanga resources from across Musical School as used by teachers in special needs settings around the country.
You can read more about the SEND resources on the Charanga website.
Charanga Sing is a brand new teaching resource aimed at encouraging everyone to sing more!
Charanga Sing contains a growing bank of over 500 songs presented in a way that is intuitive to use whether by vocal specialists, confident singers or those just keen to encourage more singing every day.
There are songs for all occasions, all ages and for all groupings from soloists to massed choirs. The repertoire covers a wide range of styles, cultures and purposes, with each one carefully picked to be included in the song bank.
For younger children
A bank of nursery rhymes, action songs, including many old favourites and specially written songs which are perfect for little voices.
A vocal health section all about taking care of the voice with fantastic body and vocal warm-ups, exercises and popular tongue twisters.
For older children
A wide range of unison and 2 or more part songs. Some are specially composed or traditional, many are new and very well-known from popular shows, musicals and pop artists – all ideal for encouraging every one of your pupils to sing.
You can read more about the singing resources on the Charanga website.
Teachers and Music Leaders
An assessment framework and toolkit is now available for teachers. Evidence and assessment logs can also be stored securely using Charanga's new, online storage feature.
Musical School is Charanga's award-winning digital resource that helps teach the new primary music curriculum across the whole school in a way that is modern, progressive and fun. Pupils can also explore music at home through Music World - a safe, online, cloud-based resource.
For more information about Musical School and Music World you can visit the Charanga website.
VIP Studio Sessions
The teachers' part of VIP Studio Sessions supports the teaching of contemporary music genres. It includes:
- creating and managing projects;
- help with beats, lyrics and songwriting;
- how to release and promote the music;
- information and guidance on using the resource.
You can find out more information on Charanga VIP Studio Sessions.
Charanga Music Professional provides contemporary digital resources for music teachers and schools, and exciting online learning for children and young people. You will find a wide variety of materials to ensure a rounded approach to teaching.
- Music Explorer - a teaching tool designed for 23 instruments that helps run pulse, rhythm and pitch activities in full stave notation;
- Interactive pieces for different instruments - ideal for beginners and large groups;
- Music Medals for small groups doing solos, ensemble pieces and listening tests;
- Inspira and Inspira Pops - programmes for large-group instrumental teaching and for singing and playing;
- Music World - interactive resources taken from the magical online Music World section of Music Professional that children can use to support their music learning between lessons.
- First Time Live - a song and instrumental performance piece based on a carnival theme for beginner instrumentalists to play with a professional or youth chamber orchestra.
- BBC Ten Pieces - an exciting new BBC led initiative for primary schools focusing on classical music and creativity.
- a Classroom Music area that provides resources for the 'day-to-day';
- a My Workspace area to store and share lessons;
- Training and CPD programme.